This statement sets out the Royal Adelaide Hospital Research Fund’s policies relating to the privacy and security of your personal information and the security of your other information. This privacy and security statement applies only to this site.
This site is operated in compliance with the Government of South Australia’s Information Privacy Principles issued by the Department of the Premier and Cabinet.
The Royal Adelaide Hospital Research Fund respects the privacy of individuals, and takes seriously the trust of those individuals who donate to support medical research undertaken at The Royal Adelaide Hospital and its research arms.
The RAH Research Fund is committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy, accuracy and security of all Donor information including the financial level of their support and will not exchange, rent or otherwise share donor contact details with another person or body corporate without the express written consent of the donor.
The RAH Research Fund uses recommended measures to secure your personal information. All credit card details are deleted from the Internet Server immediately. No personal information is held or stored on The Royal Adelaide Hospital website.
Goods and Services
The RAH Research Fund abides by the Collections for Charitable Purposes Act 1939 and is a registered Deductible Gift Recipient. The RAH Research Fund abides by the principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000) and is a holder of a section 6 & 7 Licence under the Collections for Charitable Purposes Act 1939 and is an entity of the Central Northern Adelaide Health Service (ABN 96 269 526 412).
The RAH Research Fund is licensed to collect online donations to support people in the Royal Adelaide Hospital via health and medical research, medical equipment and enhanced patient amenities. Online donations can be made to the RAH Research Fund using your credit card. The RAH Research Fund is a Registered Charity, a Tax Deductible Gift Recipient and has a Charitable Collections licence. The RAH Research Fund is bound by taxation law to retain detailed financial records of donor activity for seven years including donor details and the level of their financial support.
All online donations will be issued with a receipt. The RAH Research Fund’s country of domicile is Australia. All transactions on this website must be made in Australian (AUD) dollars.
Donor details are held securely and are only used for fundraising activities. The RAH Research Fund will not release Donor information to any other organisation, person or group without the express consent of the Donor.
The RAH Research Fund will ensure a Donor is given prior knowledge and has gained approval before any recognition of their Donation is made public. Donor’s names may only be acknowledged in the RAH Research Fund newsletters and electronic and paper publications.
If a Donor does not wish this practice to be applied the RAH Research Fund will act in accordance with the wishes of the Donor. When a Donor has expressly denied permission to the RAH Research Fund to do so, the Fund will not disclose the identity of that Donor to any member of the public. Donors of the RAH Research Fund may elect to be removed from the mailing list database by contacting the RAH Research Fund. Details will be removed by the Fund immediately the notification is received, provided this removal does not affect any legal requirements. The RAH Research Fund will use a mailing house or consultant to process mail-outs provided a confidentiality agreement is in place to ensure that Donors privacy is protected.
Online donations to the RAH Research Fund are non-refundable. In the event of a payment processing error or payment query please contact the RAH Research Fund office on 08 8222 5281 or email@example.com
Online payment privacy
The RAH Research Fund uses recommended measures to secure your personal information. All transactions are processed directly through the National Australia Bank bank gateway. All credit card details are deleted from the Internet Server immediately. No personal information is held or stored on the RAH Research Fund website.
Security Capabilities and Policy for Transmission of Payment Card Details
To ensure the highest level of security for your transactions, 128bit Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption is used on this site.
Collection of Information
This site collects and uses the following information from users:
- A record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes – the user’s IP address, the date and time of the visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous website visited and the type of browser used. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our service provider’s logs. This information is analysed at the end of each month to determine the site’s usage statistics.
- The site retains the email address of people who send emails through the ‘Contact us’ facility, for the purpose of sending a response. They are stored in a secure area within the Government of South Australia’s message services system and will not be used for any other purpose, nor disclosed without your consent.
- Your personal information will not be disclosed to a third party except in accordance with the IPPs.
- Site administrators are required to protect and handle your personal information in accordance with the Information Privacy Principles.
- This site and the Government of South Australia are responsible for the privacy and security of information while it is collected, stored on or passing through this site. The Government of South Australia agencies and instrumentalities are responsible for the privacy and security of information collected by, stored on or passing through their own websites.
- You should note that there are inherent risks associated with transmission of information via the Internet. You should make your own assessment of the potential risks to the security of your information when making a decision as to whether or not you should utilise this site. There are alternative ways to obtaining information from, and transacting business with, the Government of South Australia for those users who do not wish to use the Internet.
- Please note that this site contains links to a large number of other web sites that are included on the basis of containing content related to South Australian community, business or government. When a user has clicked on a link to another website, they leave this site and this privacy and security statement does not apply to those websites.
- The content of this privacy and security statement may be updated from time to time, so we suggest that if you return to this site on a regular basis that you carefully read the information provided.
Freedom of Information (FOI)
The South Australian Freedom of Information Act 1991 (the Act) promotes openness and accountability in the South Australian Government. The Act gives you a legal right of access to information held by most government agencies, subject to certain privacy of individuals and other specific exemptions. You can also ask to have personal records amended if the information is incomplete, incorrect, out of date or misleading.
By accessing or using the RAH Research Fund’s website, you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions of use as they may be modified and posted on our website from time to time.
We reserve the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of our website or the content or services available through it, including your access to it. Unless explicitly stated, any new and current features including new content, and/or the release of new interactive tools or downloadable resources shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
Unless otherwise specified, the materials published on our website are presented solely for your private, personal and non-commercial use. In all other cases, permission must be sought from the RAH Research Fund to use the materials. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of our website and the use of all information contained within it. For more information, see the Disclaimer paragraph below.
The RAH Research Fund makes no representations whatsoever about any other websites that you may access through our website or which may link to our website. When you access any other website you understand that this is independent from the RAH Research Fund and that we have no control over the content or availability of that website. In linking to any other website, the RAH Research Fund does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the content, or the use of, such a website and shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in conjunction with use of or reliance on any content, goods, or services available on or through any other website or resource. Any concerns regarding any external link shall be directed to its website administrator.
We will try to make our website available and accessible but cannot guarantee that our website will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error-free and can accept no liability for its unavailability or malfunction. You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of our website and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, website, router or any other internet connected device.
Medical Information Disclaimer
Information on this website about medical research, diseases, treatments and general matters has been written and edited by people internally and externally. The RAH Research Fund makes every effort to ensure that information provided is as up-to-date and accurate as possible. However the RAH Research Fund does not accept liability for misinterpreted or incorrect information. It is also not the intention of the RAH Research Fund and you must not use the information on this website to recommend any particular form of research or treatment for self-diagnosis or treatment therapy. At all times you need to discuss the information you find on this website, or any other source, with your doctors or health team, given your unique situation and status.